- Most (if not all) store-bought granola has sweetener in it, even the 'healthier' bulk varieties; and
- Despite advice I was given over 20 years ago, it is SUPER EASY to make your own granola!
- Preheat oven to 300'F.
- Spoon 1/2 C virgin coconut pol into a 9x13" baking pan. Heat in oven for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 5 C grains (rolled oats, rolled rye, wheat flakes...). Bake for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in 2 1/2 C of nuts, seeds, and other nutrient dense foods (almonds, walnuts, Brazils; sesame, chia, flax, hemp, pumpkin; wheat germ...). Bake until toasted, stirring twice, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Stir in 1 1/2 C dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apples, mangos...).
Enjoy your super granola in a yogurt parfait, as a cold cereal, as a hot cereal, or as a crunchy salad topper.