News & Notes
I love sharing nutrition information, foods, and recipes with you in this newsletter and on my website. I am super-excited to start (what I trust will become) a year-long (blog) project – A Year of Food Preservation. I look forward to sharing ways to preserve seasonal foods, so you can enjoy their flavors and nutritional benefits throughout the year. Check my website and follow me on Twitter for updates!
…and, yes, you CAN eat the skin of ALL of these. Most of us do not get enough fiber in our diet, so take the easy way out – wash, cut, seed (or not), roast, and eat every part of these beauties!
Winter squashes provide:
- Carotenes, which our bodies convert to vitamin A (vision, immunity, RBC production);
- Vitamin C (immunity, increases bioavailability of iron, antioxidant);
- B1/thiamine (energy production, nerve cell function, carbohydrate metabolism);
- B5/pantothenic acid (adrenal hormone production, energy production, RBC production);
- B6/pyridoxine (nervous system health, RBC formation, hormonal balance);
- B3/niacin (fat, cholesterol and carbohydrate metabolism, adrenal and sex hormone manufacture, energy production);
- Folic acid (DNA synthesis, proper cell division, healthy growth);
- Potassium (nerve impulse transmission, cardiac function, muscle function);
- Fiber (lowers blood cholesterol, normalizes blood glucose, promotes bowel health).
New Year, NEW YOU!
Individual Services Special ‘New Year, New You’ discounts!
Pantry Audit from $35
Food Field Trip from $45
Supplement Review $13
Intake + 3 follow-up consultations (approx. 4 hrs.)
$220 a total savings of over 30%!
Intake + 5 follow-up consultations (approx. 5 hrs.)
$265 a total savings of over 33%
Consultations are customized to your specific needs. I will design a package that includes any number of the above services.